Buster Keaton – The top hat

www.youtube.com From “Our hospitality”, 1923. The great Buster Keaton. The greatest physical comdedian in cinema history. Buster Keaton Performing Stunts. Our Hospitality is a silent comedy directed, produced, written by and starring Buster Keaton. Released in 1923 by Metro Pictures Corporation, the movie uses slapstick and situational comedy to tell the story of Willie McKay, a city slicker who gets caught in the middle of the infamous Canfield & McKay feud, an obvious satire of the real-life Hatfield-McCoy feud.

8 Comments

1. mujawooja says:

Amazing simple but brilliant idea from Keaton
    bernie

2. Besoaria says:

Awww…

3. TheBethoc says:

That’;s his first wife Natalie Talmadge. You could tell their marriage was on the rocks! She looks like she just can’t STAND him.

4. digimaks says:

aw, I wish they show more in the end. It looks like an early time railroad! I never seen video of those oldest trains from the past. Nice find.

5. plastikpink says:

Ah, this is so brilliantly delicate!!

6. Lecy1982 says:

I know!! She was pregnant during the filming. Their sons were close in age, my guess is that the second baby (that she’s pregnant with) was a surprise!

7. Ignacio Claude says:

Ah, one does not see such classic and old style comedy as sir Keaton’s anymore. Such simple plot, and with such handsome filming and old style costuming as well. Has me in stitches each time I watch it. Or at least it would, if I wanted to laugh.

8. vesperacorbin says:

I doubt it was a surprise. She was Catholic so anytime they had sex there was a purpose in her mind. After that second child was born, she decided that was enough and put the kibosh on marital intimacies. Needless to say, poor Buster felt very lonely and the marriage suffered as a result, though this was just one piece of the puzzle. I don’t blame him for cheating in that case, as that was very mean of her to do. things like that should be discussed before marriage.