Everything You Wanted To Know About Porn

The advent of the Internet has greatly increased the availability of porn, and previous forays into darkly lit video store back-rooms is now replaced with a few easy clicks of the mouse.  Just how pervasive is porn in today’s society?  In actuality, 12% of all sites on the web are porn sites — that translates to approximately 25 million sites.  At the rate of current growth, soon there will be more porn sites than there are people.

Just how profitable are porn sites?  Over $4000 is spent by users on adult sites in the United States — every second.  That translates to several billion in revenue on an annual basis.  A whopping 40 million Americans regularly visit porn sites — and they aren’t all men.  Each day, over 2 billion emails of a pornographic nature are sent around the world — no doubt you might be deleting a few as you read this.  One in four Internet searches are seeking porn — that equates to almost 70 million unique searches for adult content every day of the week.

When it comes to downloads, 35% of all files downloaded on the Internet worldwide consist of porn.  Not surprisingly, the most common adult-related search term is “sex”, and it is followed by “porn” — an illustration of the lack of creativity on the part of the average Internet user.  Which state has the highest per capita rate of porn site paid subscriptions?  You probably didn’t guess Utah, but if you did, you’re right.  Six out of 1000 Utah residents subscribe to at least one porn site on a monthly basis.

20% of men admit to viewing porn at work — and the other 80% are probably lying.  The average time spent on a porn site is 6 minutes — one would guess it is longer for women as opposed to men.  While Thanksgiving is the lowest porn site traffic day of the year, the highest day each week for porn traffic is — yes, you guessed it — Sundays.  After church in Utah must be quite a bandwidth spike.

TAGS: , , ,

0 Comments



You can be the first one to leave a comment.

Leave a Comment